- 3 tomatoes (.39cents a pound with walmart price match)
- 1 onion (.29 cents a pound with walmart price match)
- cilantro --- .19 cents
- 3-4 jalapenos - for this recipe im using jalapenos in a can since it was on markdown.. can use the remainder to make 7-8 more recipes.
- olive oil
- white vinegar
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
1. Chop onions fine, chop tomatoes fine, chop up jalapenos to get about 1/4 cup. chop up cilantro to get about 1/2 cup.
2. Combine all in large bowl.
3. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Tastes best when allowed to set for 6+ hours. i prefer my pico to be onion heavy, add / subtract ingredients to your own preference. i use pico to add to my burgers, taco meat, chicken, etc
takes about 10 min to make. this bowl will last about 2 weeks and i barely spent a dollar.
This recipe in Google Docs format --->>> Pico Recipe