This is a stupidly easy recipe i use as a base for many meals.
- one package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.. this one had 3breasts
- one packet of taco seasoning mix (will just use half, save half for next time)
- some olive oil (this is the only oil you should cook with)
- 1/3 cup water
Optional ingrediants: chopped onions, greens peppers
Optional toppings: shredded cheese, hot sauce
First off, the cost.. this package of chicken at walmart will run close to $3.00 a pound, but they have price match policy. anothe rlocal grocer had breasts for .99cents a pound.. so i paid about $2.00 for the whole pack. The taco seasoning packet was .33 cents.
1. Rinse breasts and cut up into tiny pieces.
2. Spray wok with Pam and stir fry, draining off water as it accumulates.
3. When chicken pieces are no longer pink, i add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to finish up the last minute.
4. Add the 1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix and the water and stir. Turn heat to low or off is ok too.
5. The water is to get a taco seasoning gravy going so it coats the chicken pieces. i cut the chicken into tiny pieces so it cooks faster.
Nutrition: Each of these 5 portions is about:
Fat: 6 grams (from olive oil)
Carb: 2 grams (from taco mix)
- I will either eat for breakfast with 3-4 scrambled eggs mixed in (get over the notion of breakfast being only a certain "type" of food)
- or heat up and add to salads (salad i mean a bowl of raw vegetables.. broccoli / cauliflower / tomatoes / carrots.. not that 99cent head of lettuce which as so little nutrition in it)
Bottom line: for about $2.50 i made 5 meals.
What turned it around for me was watching the movie "Fathead" on netflix. Made me realize that the information commonly thrown out there to lose fat was wrong the whole time.
Follow me on twitter @mark_lexus by clicking at the right