Man this stuff is so good i could sell it. Its similar to Lasagna without the high carb pasta.
- 5lb log of ground beef (manager markdown to $2.95 for whole thing)
- one onion chopped
- 2 green peppers (.68cents each)
- 3 cans tomato sauce (.25cents each)
- 1/3rd cup low carb ketchup
- one package sliced cheese (16slices) ($1.50 with price match and coupon)
- tablespoon pepper
- teaspoon salt
- tablespoon Italian seasoning
Optional ingredients: can of mushrooms, can of green chilies, can of chopped olives, hot sauce
1. will have to cook meat in 2 batches, so separate the meat and chopped onion and peppers into 2 even amounts. In large wok, cook beef, drain liquid as it accumulates. when beef has almost not pink add the peppers and onion.
3. Pour the cooked meat mixture into a larger pot.
4. Repeat with other half of meat / onions / pepper.
5. Add the cans of tomato sauce, ketchup, salt,pepper, Italian seasoning and stir. no need to turn stove on for this larger pot, its just to hold all the meat.. do a taste test of the meat mixture.. add more salt/pepper/hot sauce to your tastes
6. Preheat oven to 400.
7. in large casserole dish, spoon about 1/4 of the meat mixture so it covers the bottom of dish.
10. Bake at 400 for about 20 min. Remove and let cool.. depending on what type of ground beef you use, you will still get some liquid accumulate. This is one of those recipes that tastes better after it cools and you reheat it like lasagna.
11. After refrigerating for few hours, with spatula i divide this pan into 12 servings. damn thats tasty..you can see mrs.lexus already jumping all over it to put in her tupperware for lunch.
Fat : 54grams
carb : 5grams
Remember, eating fat is good for you, carbs are bad. Simple thing to consider.. if you want to be thin, watch what fat people eat and eat the opposite. Dont be a slave anymore.
this recipe in a google docs document Low Carb Cheeseburger Casserole