a crazy easy recipe to make and low carb.
- 3lb log of ground beef
- large onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 jalapenos chopped (i am using the some of the left over canned jalapenos from the Pico recipe)
- 1.5 cups salsa
- chilli powder and black pepper
- Mozzarella or Monteray jack cheese as a topping
1. Brown ground beef in wok, drain liquid as it accumulates. when meat has just a little pink left, add the chopped onions and jalapenos.
2. Turn heat to medium and cook another 5-10 minutes until meat is fully coated.
3. turn heat to medium low and add 1 tablespoon pepper and 3 tablespoons chili powder and the salsa. stir well.
4. stir every few minutes until heated.
Note - years ago before i watched carbs, the original recipe included a can of diced potatoes. This will add about 35carbs to the entire wok. so about 6-7 more carbs per serving. not a huge amount but recipe tastes the same to me without it.
- do a taste test after youre finished...if you like more spicey add some more jalapenos or pepper.
Per serving this will have about 4 carbs before whatever is in the cheese you use. This is dinner for the week
Here is the recipe in Google Docs if you want to print it out: Easy Tex Mex Hash in GoogleDocs